7.31.2009

praises and prayer



Just yesterday I was thinking of all of you. I was amazed at how many acts of love we have experienced from people back home. We've gotten mail, emails, phone calls, and more. If I mentioned names, I'd miss someone, but you know who you are. If you're reading this, you're probably one of those people praying for us. It is amazing to me how much love has been showered down on us this past month (even before we left). I was thinking how awesome you all are, but then I realized that it's not YOU. It's Christ's love shining through you. We can plainly see His light shining through you guys as He uses you to encourage and love us. It's another example of God's grace.

We are grateful for your prayers. They are being answered. One example: Prayer for us to get to know people... We are not social people, so I knew that it would have to be a God-thing for this prayer to be answered. Jared is getting to know people in his class (even if it be through him having to beg for a ride home when he locked his keys in the car). I met a girl at the pool who sells wickless candles. She might've only wanted another customer, but it's been good to talk to another mom for a couple afternoons now. Then this morning, I met another girl at the playground. Such a neat girl; she might even be a Christian. God hears us. 1 Peter 5:7 says, "Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you." He answers.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you are meeting people! I hope you guys come to really enjoy your time down there! We are missing you here, but want this to be an amazing time for your family!
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete